Holy cow…it’s hard to believe how fast 2015 went by! This year has been incredible and eye-opening in so many ways for me. I’ve learned many things about myself and have also become more balanced than I have been in the past.
From understanding the type of leader I am, to the type of work I enjoy, I have accepted an internship at Cook Pharmica in Bloomington, IN for the summer of 2016. I’m really looking forward to this experience and feel so relieved that all of the networking and interviewing processes are complete! #whew
When it comes to my health and fit life, I have struggled with my body image and my confidence in the past. However, this year I have grown so much stronger – physically and mentally ;)—and it has given me great a sense of peace. I am at a place where I am confident in my own skin and enjoy my favorite foods with a flexible meal plan approach. My goals in the gym are to become stronger and leaner, rather than skinnier. I love the way lifting gives me confidence and sculpts my body.
Mentally, I am taking things one step at a time and doing more for myself. I am saying “no,” more as I have realized saying yes all the time has caused stress in the past. This has allowed me to be more focused and spend more time on things that are important to me and not just for others.
Strengthening my relationships and becoming a better person is also
something I always try to work on. I’m fortunate to have an amazing family and believe my relationships with them have gotten stronger throughout this year even while I am away at school. 🙂 One of my favorite things was running the drumstick dash all together and bonding over the experience!
I am also very thankful to have an incredibly supportive boyfriend who makes things easier for me. We’ve been together for about 6.5 years now and I love experiencing life events and growing together. We both just finished our fall semester of junior year together, it seems like just yesterday we started college as little freshman!
2016 is a year that I’m really excited about. I’m looking forward to improving my business skillset in my internship at Cook Pharmica. And 2016 marks the beginning of my last year of college, and the beginning of a new search for a future career. I think I’ve always had an old soul that enjoys the little things and I’m looking forward to being out in the real world!
A few of my new years resolutions include:
- Reading a book each month- I’ve always loved reading adventure, mystery and romance novels, but never take the time to do it during the school year. This next year, I plan to set aside time to do so before bed during the week or in the morning when I get up to read! Let me know if you have any suggestions 😀
- Journaling Once a Week- I enjoy looking back on memories and experiences I’ve had, so I plan on trying to jot in my new journal about life experiences and thoughts in a journal I’ve recently bought
- January – March 15th– I will be implementing a new meal plan and training plan to cut for spring break! Look forward to seeing those posts and tips on how to stay on track with me (:
- 1 vlog a week- I really enjoy the YouTube platform to share more of my personality and daily activities and hope to have a vlog up each week
- 1 post every 2 weeks- I really enjoy using my blog to share about experiences and my fitlife on here and want to become more consistent for my readers and for myself!
- Dress up More/Wear make up More- I’ve been working on wearing more makeup and dressing up outside of my gym clothes and I really like it…haha. It may take more work than putting on some leggings and a t-shirt but I think it does help boost your confidence if you look good for yourself ! I’m also looking for a decent priced/high quality bronzer right now, if you have any you like- let me know so I can check them out!
- Make a Spread Sheet of My Expenses- I’m curious about how much money I spend throughout the month outside of groceries and what I spend my most money on & seeing wear I can save some!
- Help others Reach their Goals– I have just finished a new coaching website: HERE and have many affordable programs that I’m looking forward to helping others with. I have an 8 week customized transformation challenge for just $25 on nicolechamberlin.weebly.com January 18th-March 14th! The winner will receive a box of quest bars or a free month of coaching with me 😀 Check it out for all the details and let me know if you have any questions!
What are some of your resolutions? I would love to hear them and maybe add them to my list! 😀